I’m a solution oriented therapist, providing a consistent voice. See me if you like a direct and straightforward approach. I want you to feel better as quickly as possible and believe this is best accomplished using a blend of cognitive behavioral therapy also known as CBT. My clients like that I hold them accountable. I help push them toward their goals in a compassionate caring way. We will break down big problems into manageable parts. You will learn practical, hands on strategies that work even if your life is messy, painful or difficult. I am enthusiastic about my work and there’s always room for fun and laughter. I won’t let you stay stuck!
WALK TALK THERAPY
In addition to in-office counseling, I provide Walk Talk Therapy. It’s an active way to get help and talk about your problems in a more natural setting. Therapy sessions are held outdoors. Instead of sitting on my couch, we walk in nature while you focus on your emotional, physical and spiritual health. Clients tell me that Walk Talk Therapy helps them feel more comfortable opening up because we are walking side by side. Walk Talk Therapy was nominated Most Innovative Therapy in 2015 by The Star Tribune. Visit the website to learn more www.walktalktherapymn.com.
- Individual Psychotherapy for adults, young adults and adolescents
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for adults, young adults and adolescents
- Exposure Response Prevention for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Walk Talk Therapy, LLC
- Clinical Supervision
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker 1988 LICSW 9368
- EAP/Management Consultant at United HealthGroup/Optum, focus on Mental Health in workplace and Critical Incident Stress Debriefings. 1990-1999
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy intensively trained, Behavior Tech, LLC 2010
- Walk Talk Therapy, LLC 2013
- LICSW Board Approved Supervisor, Board of Social Work 2014
- Exposure and Response Prevention for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder OCD, 2015
- Member, National Association of Social Workers
- Adjunct Faculty, University of Minnesota School of Social Work
Areas of Clinical Interest
Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression, Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, PTSD, Eating Disorders, Substance Dependence, LGBTQ and Gender Identity, Parenting and Relationship Concerns, Work Life Balance.
- M.S.W. Loyola University of Chicago (1986)
- B.A. University of Wisconsin-Madison (1983)
- One year program, Hebrew University, Israel (1981-1982)
Accepting private pay as well as Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medica, United HealthCare, Medical Assistance. Your counseling services may be eligible for reimbursement through health care savings accounts.
Schedule an appointment and get your life back.
When you’re ready to get started with therapy please call or email me. We will connect for a brief consultation. I look forward to hearing from you!