This page used to just list my degrees and credentials and was carefully crafted to be distant and warm. It’s ironic because that’s not at all how I work with my clients or how I am in the world. Warm, yes, but typically the opposite of distant. I want this page to help you decide if we will work well together, not just tell you the things I have done (though I will include those things as well for those interested).
I love what I do and love helping people achieve what they didn’t think they could. My clients tell me I am tough but they know I care about them.
I work best with people who are so sick of being unhappy that they are willing to make some changes. I can’t change you, you have to change and I am happy to help support you in that. I AM NOT THE SMILE AND NOD THERAPIST. I roll up my sleeves and get in there with you. I have a great BS detector, I will call you on your stuff. We will laugh (a lot)! I am not afraid to talk to you about anything you need to talk about. After so many years in the field I’m unshockable and can handle anything.
To answer your question: Yes I do know what I am doing!… Here is my resume-type stuff.
- Individual Psychotherapy for adults and adolescents
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for adults and adolescents
- Prolonged Exposure for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Exposure Response Prevention for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Couples Therapy- Level 1 Gottman trained.
- Clinical Supervision
- Licensed Psychologist 2009 (LP 5065)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy intensively trained, Behavior Tech, LLC (2010)
- Certified Prolonged Exposure therapist (2012)
- LPC/LPCC Board Approved Supervisor, Board of Behavior Health and Therapy (2013)
- Member of the American Psychological Association
- Exposure and Response Prevention for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), 2015
- Intensive workshop in Prolonged Exposure therapy, Center for Treatment and Study of Anxiety, (2010)
- 40 hours of clinical supervision training completed (2013)
Areas of Clinical Interest
Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression, Anxiety, Phobias, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, PTSD, Eating Disorders, Couples and Family Therapy.
- Marriage and Family Certificate. St. Mary’s University (2006)
- M.A. St. Mary’s University (2003)
- B.A. University of Minnesota (1999)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Select Care
- United Health Care
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred 1
Schedule an appointment and get your life back.
When you’re ready to get started with therapy please call or email me. We will connect for a brief consultation. I look forward to hearing from you!
Click on this link to log into your portal to fill out forms and sign forms. http://<a href="https://www.therapyportal.com/p/rachelrippel/">Client Portal</a>
"Be curious not judgmental" -Walt Whitman