With a passion for helping others I have dedicated my life to understanding mental health and ways I can help individuals learn about and utilize their own personal strengths, as well as, learn new skills to help them accomplish their goals. However, I am aware that an understanding of psychology is not enough and I truly believe one of the most important aspects of successful work in therapy comes from the strength of the client/therapist relationship.
I value an open and honest therapeutic relationship and work hard to provide an environment that feels safe, is free of judgement, is collaborative, and does not shy away from humor! I consider myself an engaged and direct therapist and work hard at not just simply smiling and nodding! While working with clients I devote myself completely to the process and work best with clients that are willing to do the same, especially since therapy can be a messy process.
- Individual Psychotherapy for adults and young adults
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for adults
- Exposure and Response Prevention (EXRP) for adults and young adults
- Exposure and Response Prevention for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (EXRP), Tracey Lichner, Ph.D. (May 2014)
Areas of Clinical Interest
Learning Disabilities, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Depression, Grief/Loss, Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Trauma, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), and Spirituality.
- Psy.D., Minnesota School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University-Twin Cities (Eagan, MN)
- B.A., Psychology and Fine Arts, Gustavus Adolphus College (St Peter, MN)
- Post-Doctorate Fellowship: Minnesota Center for Psychology (St. Paul, MN 2016-2018)
- Internship: Headway Emotional Health Center (Golden Valley, MN 2015-2016)
- Therapy Practicum: Minnesota Center for Psychology (St. Paul, MN 2012-2013)
- Assessment Practicum: Center for Attention Learning and Memory (CALM) (Minneapolis, MN 2010-2011)
Insurance and Payment
- Self Pay
- Select Care
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred 1
Schedule an appointment or free consultation
I encourage you to reach out if you would like to schedule an appointment. I also offer an initial phone consultations at no charge. I can be reached by phone or email. I look forward to hearing from you!
This is the link for my clients to log into the portal online to receive and fill out paperwork. http://<a href="https://www.therapyportal.com/p/rachelrippel/">Client Portal</a>