I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who specializes in psychological assessment and psychotherapy for adolescents, adults, older adults, and families. My approach to treatment is one of a clinical and consultative capacity. As such, I help people and families assess what issues need to be addressed and provide specific steps to move one's life forward.
My investment is in the care and empowerment of individuals, families, and caregivers. Whether it’s by improving one's quality of life by reducing suffering, or by helping individuals identify and leverage their capacity to maximize their own outcomes, I use a person-centered, cognitive-behavioral focus to help people understand their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors as they move to achieve their life goals. My professional approach is one that encourages one's strengths, internal traits, and individual differences that contribute to personal and professional growth and an improved quality of life.
I am a strong advocate of using psychological assessments as a therapeutic intervention. Assessments provide unique information that allows people to gain insight and awareness, and apply the insight to problems in their life. It allows for focused, targeted, and solution-oriented treatment that cannot always be obtained through straight therapy.
In addition, as a Military and Combat Veteran of 14 years, I bring personal and professional experience that allows me to be sensitive and attuned to the unique experiences, difficulties, and struggles that affect this population and their loved ones.
- Psychological Assessments for children (6-years-old) through older adults (90-years-old). Types of assessments include, but are not limited to: ADHD/LD, SSD, Geriatric, Psychosexual, Memory & Cognition. and Personality.
- Individual Psychotherapy for adults and adolescents
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for adults and adolescents
- Clinical Supervision
- Licensed Psychologist, State of Minnesota, License# LP6087
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Trained, Behavior Tech, LLC (2015)
- Member American Psychological Association
- Member Minnesota Psychological Association
- Publication: Schneider, B. P., Palmer, G. A., Romero, R., & O’Regan, J. (2015). Posttraumatic stress disorder and quality of life outcomes of veterans seeking treatment in a residential rehabilitation treatment program. Military Behavioral Health, 3(2), p. 157-166.
Areas of Clinical Interest
Trauma and PTSD; ADHD and Learning Disorders; DBT; emotional and behavioral disruption; anger, oppositional, and impulse disorders; Borderline and other Personality Disorders; transition/life changes and Leadership Development/Coaching.
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Psychology, University of Wisconsin-River Falls (2004)
- Masters of Art (MA), Clinical Psychology, Minnesota School of Professional Psychology (2012)
- Doctorate (PsyD), Clinical Psychology. Minnesota School of Professional Psychology (2015)
Insurance and Payment
Accepting Private Pay as well as Medica, UMR, MA, Blue cross/Blue Shield, Medicare and United Healthcare.
Schedule an appointment or free consultation
Reach-out to me if you would like to schedule an appointment. I also do phone consultations at no charge. If we cannot provide the best services for you, or your loved ones, needs, I will connect you with someone who can. I can be reached either by phone or email. I look forward to hearing from you!